Table of Contents
Instructions for Installing CompHEP under OSX
Warning! Be aware, that Mac OS ix not Linux, installation of any GNU (or GNU-based) software can cause problems!
Here is a set of instructions for installing CompHEP on a Macintosh running OS X.
Before doing anything else,
- install the Apple “Developers' Disk” that came with your operating system
- install X11 from the OS disk or from the Apple web site
- go to Fink ( http://fink.sourceforge.net/ or any other GNU software repository), download the fink application and “Fink Commander”, and then use this to download the binary files for:
gfortran (fortran 77 compiler)
- download the last version of the software from the comphep web site, http://comphep.sinp.msu.ru.
- Unpack the tar and put the resulting directory in convenient place.
- Run “ ./configure –help” and read the help page. If you need ROOT you can download it from http://root.cern.ch (for Mac!!!)
- Run “make”.
- Run “make setup WDIR=path_to_your_working_dir_for_comphep”.
We have tested these instructions on a particular machine running under OS 10.4. and with the following versions of GNU software:
- GNU make 3.80
- gcc 4.0.1
- gfortran 4.3.0
If you have a problem on your machine, please send your report to us at firstname.lastname@example.org giving the specific versions of the OS and all software.